We are well into the new year now and whether you have committed to “new year, new me” or just needing a kick start after holiday season, you can easily implement our top 5 health tips and be the best you this year!
1. Feeling sluggish after the festive season? Start each morning with a probiotic which will help keep your levels of good bacteria up and keep digestive problems at bay.
If you’ve over-indulged a little over this period, taking probiotics daily can help in losing that extra weight.
Studies have shown probiotics have the potential to help you burn more calories, store less body fat and even feel fuller for longer- meaning less mid-afternoon snacking!
2. Switch off 3 hours before bed! Good health requires good sleep and those bright lights on our phone and tablet screens will delay our state of relaxation before bed.
Switching them off 3 hours before bed will allow your body to relax naturally, and you’ll get a better night’s sleep for it.
3. Get moving! 15 minutes a day of light exercise is all it takes to start feeling more energetic. Try taking a short walk during your next lunch break!
Once those endorphins start flowing you’ll instantly feel better. It will increase your work drive, and most likely inspire you to keep up the exercise once you get home from work!
Try going for another walk after dinner as you’ll feel both refreshed mentally, and your body will thank you for helping to properly digest your dinner.
And if you’re feeling a little worse for wear, head in store and pick up some Ethical Nutrients Mega Magnesium Powder- perfect for muscle recovery!
4. One more glass! Did you know that drinking more water each day is the easiest way of ridding headaches, helping with glowing skin, and even boosting immunity?
Try getting that extra glass of water in each day to start feeling the benefits. Your body will tell you when it’s thirsty or needs some extra hydration, so listen to those cues and you’ll be sure to drink enough throughout the day.
Don’t forget to help your body out on days when you’re losing excess hydration such as when playing sports or being active in the warm outdoors. Grab your favourite Hydralyte from in store and replenish those lost vitamins and minerals.
5. Consistency Is Key! Great things take time so don’t be too harsh on yourself and remember that with consistency comes true results.
Set yourself realistic and measurable goals and don’t forget to reward yourself when you achieve them.
With consistency, you will start to notice a change in yourself, and others around you will too!
If you would like some further guidance on kicking your 2018 into gear, pop in for a chat with one of our friendly staff members at Padbury Pharmacy.