SunSense Ego – the way to go this summer!
Pack away the scarves, dust off your beach umbrella, summer is here Perth! While we’re all for rejoicing at the thought of spending the next few month’s soaking up the sun at Cottesloe Beach in flip flops and bathers all day, it is important that we remain aware of the harmful risks associated with this fabulous season. Ultraviolet (UV) radiation is a form of radiation that is created by the sun and some artificial sources, such as tanning lamps. Australia experiences some of the highest levels of UV radiation in the world. The sun’s UV is the best natural source of Vitamin D however, it is a significant cause of sunburn, premature ageing and skin cancer.
What are the positives of sun exposure?
- Most importantly sunlight supplies you with Vitamin D
- Improves bone health (stimulating the absorption of calcium)
- Improves sleep quality:
- Strengthens immune system
- Assists in controlling obesity
- Reduces stress
- Protects you from autoimmune disorders
- Lowers the risk of rheumatoid arthritis
- Lowers premature labour for pregnant women
- Enhances kidney function
What are the negatives of sun exposure?
- Overexposure to sunlight causes sunburn
- Overexposure to sunlight can cause rashes, itchiness and dryness.
- Overexposure to sunlight causes skin cancers
- Overexposure to sunlight damages your body’s immunity
- Overexposure to sunlight damages your eyes
- Overexposure to sunlight ages skin.
Being aware of the risks of sun exposure is only part of the solution. Preventative measure need to be put in place during these warmer months to ensure you and your family’s long-term health remains intact. We have a wide range of sunscreen available to suit all skin types from youth to sensitive skin, however, our shining light when it comes sun protection (no pun!) is Sunsense Ego!
Proudly Australian-owned and established in 1953, Ego has stood the test of time. Their line of sunscreen and skin cares ranges from prevention to treatment with SunSense Daily Face SPF50+ to Sunsense Aftersun Cooling Spray.
Their full product range listed below is available in store.
- SunSense Daily Face SPF 50+
- SunSense Anti-Ageing Face SPF 50+
- SunSense Anti-Ageing Matte SPF 50+
- SunSense Moisturising Face SPF 50+
- SunSense Lip Balm SPF 50+
- SunSense Ultra SPA 50+
- SunSense Sport SPF 50+
- SunSense Clear Gel SPF 50+
- SunSense Clear Mist SPF 50+
- SunSense Junior SPF 50+
- SunSense Sensitive SPF 50+
- SunSense Aftersun Cooling Crème Gel
- SunSense Aftersun Cooling Spray
- Plus new SunSense Invisible Sensitive SPF 50+ which pharmacist Steve recommends for toddlers!
SunSense Ego has all your bases covered, and so do we at Padbury Pharmacy!